"This Might Not Work," is a concept that comes from Seth Godin's book, "The Icarus Deception."
Over the next 70 days, 2016 is coming to a close. By the time New Years comes around, I'm going to to find Creative Freedom.
The last three years, I've been working as a freelance writer. I've studied art, business, marketing, deconstructed lifestyle design, publishing, and storytelling. I've learned a lot, but I think real learning necessitates action.
"Path of the Thief" is a blog series designed to catalog an experiment of 70 Days of Action.
If I were to describe the "Art of Thought", it would be the ability to steal tasteful ideas, and derive something new from the synthesis and application of those ideas. I am going to be performing an Improv Experiment, and this blog is going to be my stage.
Here are the Promises:
- I will post a relevant, key concept each of the 70 Days.
- I will be transparent, and demonstrate exactly how I plan on making this change in my creative life.
- Whether it works or not, I will finish the experiment.
Whether or not that sounds interesting to you, that's what I'm going to be doing.
The following topics will be explored and applied:
- Minimalism and Resource Condensation
- Minimum Effective Load
- Daily Processes of Action
- Prioritization of Project Management
- Finances of Creative Projects
- Target Income for Established Goals.
- The 80/20 Principle
- The Importance of Shipping and Failing.
- Marketing Methodology and Application
- Self-Publishing Erotica
- Gamification of Focused Metrics
- Permaculturalized Systems Thinking
There will be other topics, but I'm not going to list all 70. The list is mostly for my own benefit, but you can consider it a "Table of Contents" In-Progress.
"Path of the Thief" is a record of stolen ideas, and unique synthesis.
The Goal: Total Freedom as a Creative Professional, by 1/1/17.
Today's painting is dedicated to my friend Ali Morse. She is an artist who makes beautiful, Hand-Crafted Jewelry. She made me a few custom rings, and they were beautiful.
I'll be ordering one of her pieces by New Years to celebrate the completion of this Experiment.
The painting was streamed live on at Picarto.tv. Here is the process video: