First off, I need to thank Tarot by Arwen.
Arwen and I took some time to chat with each other the other day, and I enjoyed the experience. Topics covered the Mirrors Tarot project, the #ModelAMajor contest, and we even got into some comparative religion / mysticism. She was generous with her time, and her community has been kind in reaching out to me.
Here's the link to the ArwenTalks Interview.
Next, I'd like to thank Janet Boyer.
Janet just finished a book called Naked Tarot, and invited me to do an interview on the project. So, I took a look through her sample chapters, and did my best to lay some serious questions and criticisms in her direction. She was excited with the Interview Questions, and I will be posting her answers on my blog.
Thanks Janet, for including me in your community.
Next, I'd like to take the time to thank a few of the initial backers of the project:
- Arwen Lynch - I already introduced you all to Arwen.
- Ann Ziehl - Ann is a member of the Tarot Nerds group on Facebook, and took a minute to say hello over an interesting artistic portrait of hers.
- Sarah - Sarah came here from the Aeclectic Tarot Forum.
- Barbra Barkus - Barbra came here from the Aeclectic Tarot Forum as well.
- Will Reichlet - Just came here from reddit. The two communities that I'm aware of that are involved in the project over there are /r/Occult and /r/Tarot.
Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me that Mirrors Tarot caught your interest.
So far, I have been the only one participating in the #ModelAMajor contest. I'm committing to posting one #ModelAMajor submission each day on Facebook and Twitter. You can check in there to see what I've been doing. Since there are 22 days in the campaign, and 22 cards -- I thought I'd just work my way through the Fool's Journey. Tomorrow is the High Priestess -- so that should be peaceful.
Right now, I'm working on the Lovers Card -- modeled by the Lovely Lori, at Accidental-Blogger. I anticipate that will be done by tomorrow, so you can keep an eye out for that one.